An old-fashioned salad dressing. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients well; add vinegar and water slowly, stirring constantly and cook until thickened and smooth.
- 2Beat eggs or egg yolks slightly; add a little of the hot mixture to the eggs gradually, stirring well.
- 3Then add remaining hot mixture and cook over low heat for another five minutes.
- 4Add butter, transfer to a container or glass jar and allow to remain uncovered until cool.
- 5When ready to serve, thin with cream to desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.5
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 302.3 mg
- Sodium 1701.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 45.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g