1 hr 15 mins
Good Old home cooked comfort food
My Private Note
- 1Separate your ribs into single pieces (one bone per bite).
- 2Use a large stock pot half filled with water- and a pinch of salt-- bring the water to the boil and add the ribs.
- 3Allow the ribs to boil for approximately 30 minuts.
- 4Remove the ribs from the water using a slotted spoon- but reserve the water- set the ribs aside.
- 5Chop your cabbage in desired size.
- 6Boil the cabbage in the rib water for approximately 30 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved.
- 7Return the ribs to the water mixing the cabbage and ribs together for approximately 10 minutes- just enough time to rewarm the ribs.
- 8Drain and salt and pepper to taste- use a generous amount of pepper- since there are NO other spices in this dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Ribs and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1541.4
- Calories from Fat 1036
- Total Fat 115.1 g
- Saturated Fat 41.7 g
- Cholesterol 417.0 mg
- Sodium 276.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 109.3 g