Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good Old home cooked comfort food
Make and share this Boiled Ribs and Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Separate your ribs into single pieces (one bone per bite).
- Use a large stock pot half filled with water- and a pinch of salt-- bring the water to the boil and add the ribs.
- Allow the ribs to boil for approximately 30 minuts.
- Remove the ribs from the water using a slotted spoon- but reserve the water- set the ribs aside.
- Chop your cabbage in desired size.
- Boil the cabbage in the rib water for approximately 30 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Return the ribs to the water mixing the cabbage and ribs together for approximately 10 minutes- just enough time to rewarm the ribs.
- Drain and salt and pepper to taste- use a generous amount of pepper- since there are NO other spices in this dish.
My dad used to make bacon ribs and cabbage when I was younger. Unfortunately can't seem to find bacon ribs at any of our local Butchers.<br/>Found this recipe and forgot how easy it was. I added carrots to get more veg down us. <br/>Was yummy xxx <br/>Easy, cheap and a tummy filler xx
Wonderful, easy, comfort food; I used brussels sprouts, cut in half long way, came out reat, even betteraw leftovers the next day...