Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe of my aunts which is a real crowd pleaser
Make and share this Boiled Raisin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Boil 1/2 cup raisins for 2 mins and retain 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the water.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add raisins and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of liquid.
- plus vanilla.
- Bake in greased 13 x 9 pan at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Boil sugar, butter and milk for 2 mins, stirring constantly.
- Cool 30 minutes Add icing sugar and stir til smooth.
- Ice Raisin cake.
Excellent cake and frosting! My mom always made boiled raisin cake for my dad's birthday, but we lost her this past year and the task has fallen to me. I didn't have her recipe so I chose this one, and I'm glad I did. I added a dash of ginger to the cake batter and used 1/2 cup of the water. Thanks for a great recipe!