1/3 Photos of Boiled Potatoes Colombian Style (Papas Chorreadas)
This side dish is essentially boiled potatoes with a sauce consisting of a sofrito (mixture of tomatoes and herbs) with cheese poured over top. If you don't like some of the flavors (like cilantro) you can substitute what you do like (like parsley). A simple, versatile side dish that goes well with any meat dish. The recipe calls for white cheese which can be white cheddar or use Swiss or Monterey Jack, whatever you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes leaving some skin on for color. Cut any large potatoes in half. Boil about 20 minutes until tender.
- 2Finely chop onions, cilantro and tomato. Stir fry in a little oil until they are mixed well and softened.
- 3Add milk, cheese and salt to taste. Simmer on low until it thickens.
- 4Serve potatoes with the sauce poured over top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Potatoes Colombian Style (Papas Chorreadas)
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 48.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: