Filipino is one of my favorite cuisines to cook as well as eat. By cooking the rice before it is added to the soup, you will enjoy the crunchy texture with the other flavors in this delicious soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork loin, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 slices lemons, squeezed for juice
- 6 cups water
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 lb spinach or 1 lb cabbage
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon patis, and salt to taste
- 1Saute garlic in oil until brown.
- 2Add pork and cook 'till brown.
- 3Add water, onion, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer until pork is tender.
- 5When tender, add the potatoes and simmer 'till fork-tender.
- 6Add the green vegetable, hot peppers, and salt or patis to taste.
- 7Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- 8Serve hot with the plain rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Pork With Lemon (Sinigang Na Baboy)
Serving Size: 1 (958 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.1
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 553.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 52.7 g