Recipe by SassyMom3
Filipino is one of my favorite cuisines to cook as well as eat. By cooking the rice before it is added to the soup, you will enjoy the crunchy texture with the other flavors in this delicious soup.
Top Review by uvgolf
cooked for filipino friends and they loved it !! i did sub shrimp for the pork and used baby bok choy. also added a couple tbsp each of grapefruit, orange, and lime juice and a few dashes of worchestshire .......
- 2 lbs pork loin, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 slices lemons, squeezed for juice
- 6 cups water
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 lb spinach or 1 lb cabbage
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon patis, and salt to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in oil until brown.
- Add pork and cook 'till brown.
- Add water, onion, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until pork is tender.
- When tender, add the potatoes and simmer 'till fork-tender.
- Add the green vegetable, hot peppers, and salt or patis to taste.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot with the plain rice.