Recipe by Dib's
A southern delight! I've been known to add cayenne pepper to mine-keeps the kids away!
Top Review by Bev
My husband loves boiled peanuts! This recipe is similar to one I use regularly. However, for our tastes, the cooking time and water content is way off. The longer you simmer the better so the peanuts have a chance to soak up the flavor the of brine and soften. Usually, depending on the peanuts, I will let them simmer about 10 hours, then turn them off and allow to sit in the brine for another 3 hours or so. As for the water, use enough to cover the peanuts and then some. I always make plenty to have on hand and keep some also in the freezer. Boiled peanuts are definitely an acquired taste. We do love them!
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peanuts in a large saucepan.
- Mix the water and salt to make a birne.
- Cover the peanuts with the brine.
- Bring ot a boil, cover, and boil until the shells are tender-around 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 30 minutes, drain well.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 1 week.