Recipe by Mulligan
Created by chef Hugh Acheson of Five and Ten in Athens, GA, this is a most unusual hummus recipe.
- 1 cup boiled peanuts, shelled
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- olive oil
- shelled boiled peanuts
- pita bread rounds or pita chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor until corsely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides.
- With processor running, pour olive oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream, processing until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in up to 5 tbsp water, 1 tbsp at a time for desired spreading consistency.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Serve with pita rounds or pita chips.