Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Posting for the ZWT 5 Australia Found on the web. Times are approximate I don't know how many this makes the recipe did not say so I am putting 12 Can top with an icing
- 3 -4 cups sugar
- 3 -4 cups water
- 3 -4 cups sultanas
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup self rising flour
- Boil first 8 ingredients together until sugar has dissolved.
- Add except.
- When sugar has dissolved, allow to cool.
- Add egg and flours and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into patty paper pans (or you can make muffin sized cakes). Bake at 450F in top of oven approximately 12 minutes.
Tis recipe is same as the one i use except i cook the mixture in a 6inc round tin. So you can slice it and serve it with a little icing sugar on top.
Delightful cakes! The flavor was very nice - so nice in fact that I decided that they did not need icing. I used two Zaar recipes for some of the ingredients: Self Rising Flour and Mixed Spice - both worked very well. The batter resulted in 12 muffin-sized cakes. The time and temperture you indicated worked well. These are so yummy that we'll be stirring these together again. Thanks wicked cook 46 for sharing this "wicked good" recipe. Made for Ali Baba's Babes for ZWT5.