Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is my mums invention, I have to hand it to her, this is one darn good cake
- 1⁄2 cup strained passion fruit pulp (about 7 large passionfruit)
- 500 g mixed fruit
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 125 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
Directions See How It's Made
- combine passionfruit pulp, mixed fruit, orange and butter in a pan.
- bring to boil.
- reduce heat.
- simmer uncovered 3 minutes.
- remove from heat to cool to room temperature.
- stir in eggs and dry ingredients.
- pour into greased and base lined deep 20cm round tin.
- bake in moderately slow oven about 1 1/4 hours.