Recipe by MissKitty62656
I love this recipe because it is so quick, easy, and no mess to clean up. It's especially good when you have several kids over for breakfast, you can make the ingredients the night before. They can make their own. They turn out perfect every time! Good for campers too.
Top Review by Southernhopsing
We used this recipe on a camping trip and it worked perfectly. Everyone put in ingredients to their liking, and when done, they ate them right up. I don't remember the cooking time, but we just cooked them until they were done, easy enough to see in the plastic. Plus, and this is huge, there was no egg pan to try to clean, which made the trip more enjoyable for me. This is a keeper!!! Thanks for posting.
- 2 quarts ziploc bags
- 4 eggs (or egg beaters)
- 4 sausage, links-cut up (or any left-over meat)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs, milk, salt & pepper in ziplock bag. Zip shut and shake until well mixed.
- Open ziplock bag and put in whatever you feel like having. There are any number of things that you can add to my personal favorite.
- With a marker, write each person's name on the outside of the bag.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling point on stove.
- Drop bags in boiling water and boil for 13 minutes ONLY.
- Remove from water with tongs.
- Open bag and slide omelet onto plate.
- Add toast and juice and you've got a hearty breakfast or brunch.