Recipe by Aroostook
This is another snowsled club cookbook find!
Top Review by Marietta Mary Lou
This is a good, comfort food. The texture is a bit on the cakey side - this is not a criticism - and the cookies go great with coffee, tea or milk. The ingredients come together well and the batter is such that rolling them is really easy.
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 cups flour (about)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Boil molasses over low heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and butter.
- Mix well.
- Add rest of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into ball: place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Press with a fork and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.