Recipe by - Carla -
Excerpted from The Beach House Cookbook by Barbara Scott-Goodman. Copyright © 2005, Chronicle Books.
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 live lobsters (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds each)
- lemon wedge, for serving
For lemon-caper butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large soup pot or lobster pot two-thirds full of water.
- Add the salt and bring to a boil.
- When the water has come to a rolling boil, plunge the lobsters headfirst into the pot.
- Cover tightly with the lid and return the water to a boil over high heat.
- Cook the lobsters until the shells turn bright red, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Lift the lobsters out of the water with tongs and drain well in a colander.
- Remove the rubber bands from the claws, crack the claw shells, and drain off the excess liquid.
- To make the lemon-caper butter, melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the lemon juice, capers, and chives and keep warm, over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Serve the lobsters with the butter and lemon wedges.