Recipe by Oolala
My husband likes ham steaks so I am keeping this for him (and for you). An easy, simple preparation. Just make the sauce and pour over the ham and bake it. FYI- the ham steaks are already cooked or boiled.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine (or sherry)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 ham steaks, boiled, 1-inch thick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown butter in skillet without burning.
- Blend flour in wines and add to brown butter.
- Now add spices and place over a low flame; mix well until thickened.
- Place ham slices in shallow casserole and pour sauce over it.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.