1/5 Photos of Boiled Ham
2 hrs 5 mins
This is my adopted recipe. I haven't made it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The night before the gammon is to be cooked place it in a bowl of cold water and allow to soak.
- 2This removes some of the salt and tenderises it a little bit.
- 3Place in a large cooking pot, (make sure you have a lid for it), cover with cold water, add the onions and bouquet garni and bring to the boil.
- 4Turn the heat right down so the water is barely bubbling and put on the lid.
- 5Cook for 20 minutes per pound of meat.
- 6Once the cooking time is up leave the meat in the liquour until cooled.
- 7This stops it tensing up, and drying out, and makes it lovely and tender.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Ham
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: