Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really more of a technique than a recipe. This is so simple I am kinda embarrassed to post it. My mom worked in a fancy restaurant and this how they prepared their "gourmet" green beans :)
- Pour both cans of beans liquid and all in a pot.
- Add 1 Tbs. of oil for each can of beans you use.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil at a hard boil till all the liquid has evaporated and serve.
- This recipe works the same for one can of green beans or ten! This recipe/technique gets the waxiness and squeaky taste out of canned green beans and makes them taste more homemade.
It does make a difference than just heating up the can of beans. I used olive oil. It was time to eat before all the liquid had evaporated, but most of it had. Thanks for an easy recipe for tasty beans!
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil as I don't buy veg oil. I made two cans of beans and we all enjoyed these.
Open can, add oil, heat and serve it is just that simple. The oil really does take that canned taste away. I've tried another recipe like this that calls for olive oil and I think that oil adds more flavor to the beans. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game