1 hr 10 mins
This is an easy-to-make dark boiled fruit cake. Slice and freeze to have on hand when unexpected quests arrive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, place the mixed fruit, butter & water.
- 2Add marmalade and mixed spice, and mix together.
- 3Bring to boil over medium heat then boil gently for 5 minutes.
- 4Add bicarb soda and stir.
- 5Leave to cool.
- 6When cool, add 2 eggs and mix well.
- 7Gently fold in flour.
- 8Turn into a 20cm greased cake tin.
- 9Bake at 150 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
- 10Then, 125 degrees celsius for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- 11Turn on to a wire rack.
- 121 tablespoon of rum can be drizzled over the top.
- 13Notes: Orange juice or rum can be used instead of water.
- 14Fan-forced electric oven used.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: