This was my nans recipe. Its a yummy light spicy fruit cake. Its normally all gone by the next day.
- Set oven to Gas Mark 3, 170°C, 325°F.
- Put fruit, water, sugar and margarine into a large saucepan, boil and cool.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, mixed spice, cinnamon and baking powder and then sieve into the saucepan.
- Beat the egg and add to the saucepan.
- Fold the mixture together.
- Put into 8 inch lined circular tin.
- Cook for 1 to 1/2 hours. If needed cook for a further 15 minutes at gas mark 2.