Recipe by Steffiesmad
This was my nans recipe. Its a yummy light spicy fruit cake. Its normally all gone by the next day.
- 12 ounces dried fruit (i use raisins or sultanas)
- 1 cup water
- 5 ounces sugar
- 5 ounces margarine
- 10 ounces self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to Gas Mark 3, 170°C, 325°F.
- Put fruit, water, sugar and margarine into a large saucepan, boil and cool.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, mixed spice, cinnamon and baking powder and then sieve into the saucepan.
- Beat the egg and add to the saucepan.
- Fold the mixture together.
- Put into 8 inch lined circular tin.
- Cook for 1 to 1/2 hours. If needed cook for a further 15 minutes at gas mark 2.