- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 large egg yolks
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add egg yolks, and mix well.
- Stir egg mixture with a whisk and slowly pour.
- in milk and cream.
- Cook over LOW heat, stirring constantly, until.
- custard is thickened and just coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and cool by putting pan in cold water.
- The custard will thicken as it cools.
- When cold, stir in vanilla, nutmeg.