Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. Of course, I'll have to drastically reduce the amount of ingredients! I’ll edit the recipe accordingly if needed.
Top Review by -=SharonKay'sKitchen=-
~ I Highly suggest getting Justin Wilson's "Outdoor Cooking With Inside Help" cookbook and following his real recipe, the recipe that's posted here is way waaay off. Its not even telling you that the crawdads need to be purged, cleaned and the dead ones picked out first before boiling!!
- 4 boxes salt
- 6 packages crab boil
- 9 lemons
- 8 ounces cayenne pepper
- 5 lbs white onions
- 24 small potatoes
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 50 lbs live crawfish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring seasonings to boil for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, corn, and smoked sausage.
- Boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add crawfish.
- Bring back to boil.
- Cut fire off immediately.
- Let soak for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Peel and eat.
- While water is coming to a boil, cull and clean crawfish.
- Rinse well with garden hose and remove any dead ones.
- Always wear gloves when you fool with crawfish, but remember, they can still pinch you through gloves.