- 2 lemons, quartered
- 8 red potatoes
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 4 small yellow onions
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, Ground
- 1⁄2 cup white pepper, Ground
- 1⁄2 cup black pepper, Ground
- 12 live blue crabs
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large (10-quart) stockpot one-third full with water.
- Add the lemons, potatoes, corn, onions, salt, and peppers.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Let boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the crabs, (if blue crabs are not available, substitute other small to medium crabs), cover, and return to boil.
- Once steam starts to escape from under the cover, let cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes more.