Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
We absolutely love this, we tend to get bored with 'plain' corn on the cob after eating it all summer
- 4 large fresh corn on the cob, shucked
- 88.74 ml butter, softened
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- In a small bowl combine the butter, parsley, chili powder, garlic salt, and cumin; set aside.
- To pot of boiling water add 1 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoons lemon juice. Add corn. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove from hot water, spread ears of corn with seasoned butter.
We liked this spicy butter very much and will be using it this summer on our corn. Thanks for posting.
We really liked this recipe. A very different spin on regular old corn on the cob. Will definitely make this again and again.
When our summer garden comes in, we eat a lot of corn. Your boiling method of cooking corn is fabulous. The corn is perfectly tender and sweet. As you say, for a change from plain corn, the herb-spice butter pairs wonderfully with the sweet tender corn. My family and I loved this and will enjoy it all summer long. Thanks, Leezah.