Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from Recipe Goldmine. I thought it would be a really neat recipe, and easy as well!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa for one minute after it begins boiling.
- Remove from heat stirring in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to stand unrefrigerated for 1 hour.
I've been making this for years. Even my brother makes it. Its so easy and you almost always have the ingredients on hand. I make this when I get a bad sweet tooth. I think they taste the best when they are warm YUMMY!