Known as "Kokt Torsk" in Norway. this recipe was submitted by Dagny Taranger from Frekhaug, Norway and Gerd Doroshuk of Dauphin, Manitoba. It was included in the Extending the Table Cookbook and is posted here for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water, salt, vinegar and basil in a large kettle and bring to a boil.
- 2Add the cod.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- 4Make sure to keep the water just below the boiling point to prevent the fish from falling apart.
- 5Remove fish from water and place on serving platter.
- 6Top with chopped parsley in melted margarine, or a hollandaise sauce.
- 7Serve with boiled potatoes and carrots.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Cod
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 1286.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 40.3 g