Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this lookig for hard cider rwcipes, and thought it looked interesting. Apparently boiled cider is used like maple syrup- see this site for info on it: http://www.pupscider.com/SHTM/SHWI_899648-00001.htm
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pup's boiled cider
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and salt, and mix until pale yellow.
- Stir in the Pup's Boiled Cider, milk, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, and bake for 30 minutes, or until set, when a toothpick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack, then refrigerate, covered.
- Serve the pie cool with Ice Cream or a Cinnamon-Flavored Whipped Cream, if desired.
- Enjoy! ;).