Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
More substantial than a ganache, this chocolate frosting is delicious poured over a cake or used as an ice cream topping. Vary the taste by using different types of chocolate chips, peppermint or orange extract.
- Place the butter, milk, and sugar in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Let boil, still stirring for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread icing over cooled cake, cupcakes, or ice cream.
- May store tightly covered in refrigerator. Warm in microwave before use.