Recipe by katew
This is a beautiful moist cake from a John West recipe brochure
Top Review by omeomy #2
This needs more chocolate in the cake. When I next make it I'll include chopped dark chocolate and extra cocoa. I made up for the lack of chocolate by covering it with a thick ganache topped with chocolate curls and I didn't use the mixed dried fruit;I used my own mix of golden raisins/sultanas, chopped dried figs, apples and apricots.
- 1 (450 g) canstoneless black cherries, do not drain
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 beaten eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cherries and juice,butter,sugar,dried fruit and cinnamon in large pot.
- Simmer together for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Line a 20cm cake tin well with baking paper.
- Bake at 165 degrees celsius.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or till cooked.
- Cool in tin.