Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is almost like a pudding! Serve it warm. If you choose serve it with whipped cream and a thick & gooey chocolate sauce. I haven't included a frosting as all this cake needs is a dusting with confectioners' sugar or if you prefer, cocoa powder. Diana's Desserts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees (180 C).
- Grease and line a 9 x 13-inch rectangular cake pan.
- Place all ingredients except eggs and flour into a large saucepan, bring to boil while stirring gently, then simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs lightly, then add to cooled chocolate mixture.
- Sift in the flour slowly, stirring thoroughly as you add to avoid lumps.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake on rack for 15 minutes, then invert cake onto rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar or if preferred cocoa powder.
- If desired, frost or glaze cake when completely cooled.