1 hr 15 mins
This is almost like a pudding! Serve it warm. If you choose serve it with whipped cream and a thick & gooey chocolate sauce. I haven't included a frosting as all this cake needs is a dusting with confectioners' sugar or if you prefer, cocoa powder. Diana's Desserts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees (180 C).
- 2Grease and line a 9 x 13-inch rectangular cake pan.
- 3Place all ingredients except eggs and flour into a large saucepan, bring to boil while stirring gently, then simmer 2-3 minutes.
- 5Beat the eggs lightly, then add to cooled chocolate mixture.
- 6Sift in the flour slowly, stirring thoroughly as you add to avoid lumps.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into cake comes out clean.
- 8Cool cake on rack for 15 minutes, then invert cake onto rack to cool completely.
- 9Dust with confectioners' sugar or if preferred cocoa powder.
- 10If desired, frost or glaze cake when completely cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.8
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 952.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g