Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a chicken dish that is easy to make, and can be used in many ways - be creative.
- 1 whole chicken or 1 whole chicken parts
- 1 onion, cut in chunks
- 1 sweet pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot, cut in chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut in chunks
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Put chicken in a pot big enough to hold it.
- Add all ingredients.
- Cover it with water, plus one inch more.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Boil vigoriously for 5 minutes.
- Turn off fire, cover well, then let it rest undisturbed for one hour.
- Remove chicken from the pot anytime.
- Eat or debone, and use it to prepare other recipes.
- If you decide to debone the chicken, do it before you refrigerate it.
- Strain the stock and save it for recipes that require chicken stock.
- Consider making gumbo, jambalaya, spanish rice, using boneless chicken and stock.
Good flavor and easy to make, especially using chicken pieces instead of having to cut up a whole chicken. I found the flavor, as I said, good, but not aggressive. When I make it again, I intend to spice it up a bit with some Cajun spices, or at least with some garlic. Good over rice or noodles.