Recipe by Nolita_Food
My mom's recipe. I never thought boiling a chicken requires so manay ingredients
- 3 5⁄8 kg whole chickens (3 chickens, each 1.2kg)
- 50 g ginger
- 2 cups chinese white rice wine
- 3 limes
- 3 chilies
- 12 fresh lime leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and crush ginger, mix well with wine.
- Baste chickens in mixture for at least 10 minutes.
- Put chickens in a boiling pot of water, bring back to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let chickens sit in pot for another 10 minutes.
- Strain off the chicken, let cool then chopped into 2 pieces.
- Serve with julienne lime leaves and mixture of salt, chilli and lime juice.