2 hrs 20 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
From the book Czech and Slovak Touches. Recipe from Rose and Lumir Vondracek own and operate Vondracek's 16th Avenue Meat Market in the Czech Village, Cedar Rapids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the sliced beef about 2 hours, or until tender.
- 2Melt the butter and mix with the flour.
- 3Fry to make light golden roux, add to beef broth along with pickles, vinegar, and dill (optional).
- 4Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the gravy thickens.
- 5Stir constantly to prevent lumping.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Pour the hot gravy over the sliced beef.
- 8Serve with bread dumplings.
- 9Use the remaining broth to make delicious beef soup.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Beef With Dill Pickle Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.7
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 789.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef tip roast