Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I know this is easy and you can have this done at the store but it's so much better hot off the stove at home!!
- You will also need: Big pot with water.
- Season the water with a couple dashes of garlic salt, some fresh ground pepper to taste, and about 1/2-1 cup of old bay.
- Remember these are outside shells and you're trying to penetrate flavor to the inside, although if you buy the good legs they should be slit (at least the claws) for easy access.
- Then squeeze all the lemons into the water and throw them into the pot, too.
- Then put the legs into the water.
- The water should boil, watch it to make sure it doesn't boil over and make a big mess!
- It should take at least 15 minutes to come to a boil, let boil for 4-5 more minutes so they can get a nice flavor in them.
- Dump in sink in colander, and let cool for a couple minutes.
- If you think it might be too spicy for ya then rinse it off a little bit.
- Meanwhile heat you up some butter, maybe 1/2 stick in microwave, in a couple small bowls and squeeze some lemon in it.
- Perfect for dipping the crab in!
- But only if ya like lemon--if not just heat up the butter to dip the crab into.
I'm not a fan of Old Bay seasoning so I used a couple of cloves of garlic instead of this and garlic powder -- fabulous!
I don't have a steamer basket so I decided to give this method a try. Simple and yummy. I will totally use this method again. I used Old Bay but really didn't care for it and will probably leave it out next time.
AWESOME. We didnt add Old Bay Seasoning, we arent fond of the taste. We boiled just a bit longer in lemon water and it made it delicious!!!! Thanks a lot!