Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
What better way to bring in the New Year 2012 than with a Healthy Version of Samosas baked in Phyllo pastries with Blissini.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jeera powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 onion
- 1 cup soy crumbles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, -garlic paste
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry, as needed
- melted butter
- oil, for sauteing
- salt, and red chili powder as needed
- How to make them: Soak the soya granules in hot water for about 1/2 hour. Squeeze out all the water and drain.
- Saute the onions in oil after adding the jeera and fennel mixture. When the onions turn light brown add the.
- Soya granules, green peas and the garam masala. Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli and mix well.
- Add a little water to bring all the ingredients together and incorporate the bold flavors throughout the stuffing. Add the Cooked sweet potatoes, mix well. Remove from fire and cool.
- Now remove the sheets of Phyllo gently one by one and apply the melted butter with a brush.
- Place the next sheet over the first one and brush more melted butter.
- Repeat for about 3-4 layers and cut them with kitchen shears lengthwise into two or three strips.
- If you have three strips you will have mini samosas and two will form bigger ones. I have a mixed batch.
- Place a large spoonful of mixture on to one end of one strip of pastry. Fold over to cover and form a triangle.
- Fold over into a cone from one end of each strip until the stuffing is completely encased inside the pastry.
- Heat the oven to about 350 degrees F and bake the little bundles until the shell is a deep brown color.