From the New German Cookbook by Jean Anderson and Hedy Wurz. Posted for ZWT6. What could be better than bacon and pears with green beans!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb green beans, stems and tips trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb pear, peeled halved cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon summer savory, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1Bring the salt and water to a boil in a very heavy saucepan, then reduce heat to very low.
- 2Add the beans, top with the pears, then the bacon.
- 3Add the savory and pepper, cover, and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, then serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bohnen, Birnen, Und Speck
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 1573.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 18.3 g