Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My husband and I compiled his grandmother's recipes into a family cookbook, and this recipe was included. Although I haven't tried it, I have heard from others it is good. ZWT 3: Eastern Europe
- 2 -3 lbs spareribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- Cut spareribs into individual servings and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix caraway seeds with sauerkraut and place in 8"x12" baking dish. Arrange all but 2 onion slices on sauerkraut and pour tomatoes over mixture.
- Place spareribs on top and cover with remaining onion rings.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 2 hours.
Tasty and delicious