This is a kind of gnocchi. Very easy to make and quite delicious. Perfect with a plain tomato-marinara sauce made from REAL summer tomatoes (otherwise, use a good brand of canned, plum).
- Mix potatoes, salt, pepper, onion, parsley, nutmeg, eggs and semolina thoroughly.
- Add milk and sifted flour. Mix all ingredients well.
- Knead on floured board.
- Shape into rolls, the approximate size of a walnut (in shell).
- Drop in boiling salted water. Boil 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Note: You can also brown in butter and serve with your favourite sauce or gravy.
yummy hearty and true comfort food. I loved this! As i came back to review it, i discovered that i made a huge booboo and only put 1/2c of flour in (actually 1/4 bc i scaled it in half) So they were extremely light in texture albeit a little more potatoey. which meant far less cooking time. It took about 5-8 minutes for them to rise to the top when i removed them. Served with a fresh bolognese with home made ricotta. A keeper.