Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
An old family hand me down that I love. It is enough for 2 nut rolls. I had to guess on time as most times I haveground nuts in the freezer, and I have never timed it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup oleo or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup canned milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- Heat sugar. nuts, milk, eggs and salt in edium saucepan.
- Sirring constanly, cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and lemon.
- Chill until cool.
- Spread thinly over dough.
- Enough for 2 nut rolls.
This is my new nut filling! It is excellent and stays moist. Perfect flavor combination. Thanks so much for sharing. Now the search for the perfect poppyseed filling! Anyone got a recipe for that?? Thanks again.