Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This coctail has roots in the French Bohemian revolution.The main ingredient, Absinthe was a favored drink of notables such as Lord Byron, Edgar A. Poe and even Ernest Hemingway!This mule has a kick! Not for the faint of heart.
- 1 ounce absinthe
- 4 ounces ginger beer (if you are in U.S) or 4 ounces ginger ale (if you are in U.S)
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3 ice cubes (crushed if you prefer)
- Squeeze lime juice into a high-ball glass.
- Add ice and pour Absinthe over the cubes.
- Top with the ginger beer (ale) and stir thoroughly.
Wow, potent stuff! We've only tried the traditional absinthe drink with sugar and water before, and find it's just "ok". This is better by far, the lime juice adds such a nice zing! I made the metric version of this drink by using 40 ml absinthe, 80 ml ginger ale and 20 ml lime juice (makes a slightly smaller drink but the relative proportions are the same). This will definitely be the way we enjoy our absinthe from now on! Thank you for sharing!