Recipe by Dienia B.
This is out of the Bohemian paper; it is a very old recipe. They used rubber ring stoppers. Going to write recipe as written; no amounts given so it is a guess.
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt (kosher)
- 1 red bell pepper, paprika kind cut in little pieces
- 6 lbs cucumbers, little ones
- 8 heads dill
Directions See How It's Made
- This is how recipe reads.
- Boil together 2 cups vinegar, 1 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Use smaller cukes.
- Put some dill in the bottom of the fruit jar and pack cukes in the jar.
- Put some more dill on top of jar.
- Also you can put a little piece of red paprikas.
- Put on the brine.
- Put on rubbers and lids but not completely tight.
- Set in canning kettle and when the water begins to boil take jars out and seal.
- Pickles fixed like this are nice and crisp.