Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the WFLA/ZCBJ Lodge #141 Bohemian Hall Centennial Keepsake Cookbook, Cadott, WI
Make and share this Bohemian Bread Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the flour, salt, 4 eggs, baking powder & milk together until you have stiff dough.
- When mixed well, add the cubed bread.
- Form into 2 dumplings.
- Boil in a large pot of water or broth for 30 minutes.
- Cool & slice into ¾ inches slices
- Melt ¼ cup butter in a skillet on med-low heat.
- Add the sliced dumplings & chopped onion.
- Season with salt & pepper or to taste.
- Fry until a light golden brown.
- If desired, pour the 6 well-beaten eggs over & cook until eggs are set -- stir very little.(I prefer them with a nice gravy poured over, instead of the eggs!).