Prep 0 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I haven't tried this yet.
- 2 cups butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces Hershey Bars, grated
- 4 cups flour
- 3 cups nuts, chopped (any kind)
- 5 cups oatmeal, ground until all is powder
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda then add to butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix well and add chocolate and nuts.
- Make golf ball sized cookies and place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 16 minutes.
These are really good. A little more time consuming than I was planning on, but I had everything on hand (except the hershey's bar but I ended up using kisses instead and ran them through a garlic slicer). The cookies came out moist and soft and stayed that way for days. I halved the batch because I didn't need 112 cookies. I took 1/2 of what I made to a picnic & they were devoured. I made 2 different sizes of cookies and still got about 60 from the recipe. Very good. will definitely make them again.