1/2 Photos of Boeuf En Croute or Beef Wellington
1 hr 15 mins
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
This seems complicated, but when you have made it once, it really isn't. This is a huge favourite and also the meal my eldest asks for every birthday. I serve it with garlic mashed potatoes and usually asparagus because that is his fave or broccoli au gratin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; heat half the oil and butter in a pan and brown beef on all sides. Place in roasting pan, dot with remaining butter and roast for 10 minutes -- longer if you want it more well done.
- 3Remove and let stand until cooled. Remove string.
- 4Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 5Place paté in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- 6Roll out puff pastry 1/2 inch thick, large enough to completely envelop the roast.
- 7Spread paté over top and sides of filet. Place filet, paté side down on pastry. Spread remaining paté on the top of the filet.
- 8Brush one side of the pastry with egg. Fold unbrushed over meat; fold together and press.
- 9Brush entire pastry with egg and bake for 40 minutes -- increasing by 5 minutes for more well done.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boeuf En Croute or Beef Wellington
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2112.0
- Calories from Fat 1551
- Total Fat 172.3 g
- Saturated Fat 67.0 g
- Cholesterol 481.5 mg
- Sodium 593.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 107.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef
foie gras pate