Boeuf Bourguignon Burgers
- Heat a griddle or large cast-iron skillet over med-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, wine, thyme, and shallot; season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Score the mixture into 4 equal portions and form them into large patties slightly thinner at the center than at the edges for even cooking and to ensure a flat surface.
- Drizzle the patties with oil.
- Cook the burgers 10 minutes, flipping once, for medium.
- Place the burgers on the roll bottoms; top with pate and lettuce.
- Spread mustard on the roll tops and scatter the sliced cornichons over the mustard.
- Set the roll tops in place.