Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
In ‘The Book of Burger’ by Rachael Ray
Make and share this Boeuf Bourguignon Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup red Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 brioche rolls, split and toasted
- 1⁄4 lb mousse-style pate, 1/2-inch slice, cut in 4 equal portions
- 4 leaves red-leaf lettuce
- grainy mustard or Dijon mustard
- 4 cornichon pickles or 4 baby gherkins, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Heat a griddle or large cast-iron skillet over med-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, wine, thyme, and shallot; season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Score the mixture into 4 equal portions and form them into large patties slightly thinner at the center than at the edges for even cooking and to ensure a flat surface.
- Drizzle the patties with oil.
- Cook the burgers 10 minutes, flipping once, for medium.
- Place the burgers on the roll bottoms; top with pate and lettuce.
- Spread mustard on the roll tops and scatter the sliced cornichons over the mustard.
- Set the roll tops in place.