Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I took from a college roommate. It's a delicious traditional almond flavored dutch cake. The consistency, however, is more like a cookie.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white (keep the yellow on the side for later use)
- 1 tablespoon almond flavoring or 1 tablespoon extract
- Mix all ingredients together with a fork.
- Spread the mix into a round cake pan (really any small pan will work whether glass or metal).
- Spread the yellow of one egg on top of batter.
- Place in 350° oven for about 30 minutes.