1/6 Photos of Boerenkool Stamppot (Kale Hash)
This recipe is one we used to have when I was growing up in Holland. It's hearty and a delicious way to get your greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice potatoes and onions.
- 2Clean, trim and slice kale.
- 3Add the potatoes, onion, kale, a bay leaf, a pinch of salt and just enough water to cover all in a 3 qrt pan.
- 4Cover and boil gently for about 25 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile steam the smoked sausage for the same amount of time and slice.
- 6Remove the bay leaf, drain the vegetables, and mash them.
- 7Add milk and butter.
- 8Stir in the hot, sliced smoked sausage, add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boerenkool Stamppot (Kale Hash)
Serving Size: 1 (660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.8
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 1116.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 25.9 g