This recipe was posted in answer to a request for Dutch (Netherlands) recipes. The recipe comes from the book: "Cooking into Europe - Choice Common Market Dishes" (1973). This recipe was copied word for word from the book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the kale, strip off the stalk and vein together.
- 2Chop roughly.
- 3Peel and cube the potatoes.
- 4Cook the kale and bacon together in a little boiling water, salted if necessary, for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the cubed potatoes and the oats.
- 6Prick the sausages, and place them on top of the mixture.
- 7Cover the pan with a lid, and boil the mixture gently until the kale is tender and the potatoes are soft; this takes about 30 minutes.
- 8Remove the sausages and bacon, and mash the potatoes and kale together.
- 9Season as required, with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 10Replace the sausages and bacon, and serve with plenty of mustard.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boerenkool Met Rookworst (Curly Kale with Smoked Sausages)
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 935.2
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 1995.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 42.0 g