Recipe by Terri F.
Pronounced "bor-en-young-us", it simply means (Farm Boy) brandy with raisins. This is a traditional Dutch recipe, and this drink is served most often at Christmas time, as an appetizer with cheese and crackers, or as a dessert drink. Please note that you must make this 3 months in advance!
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine raisins, water, and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in brandy, and remove cinnamon stick.
- Pour into 4 clean pint jars and seal tightly.
- Let stand at least 3 months for the best results.