Recipe by Bigmama #24
This recipe was given to me by my best friend. It is really yummie and good for you too! So simple to make!
Top Review by Beginner'sLuck
This was delicious! I can't believe that this recipe has been posted for over four years and no one else has said so.
The only alterations that I made to the recipe as posted were:
%u2022 I used the whole squash
%u2022 Instead of a vegetable stock cube I used a couple tablespoons of vegetable soup mix
%u2022 I seasoned with black pepper, cayenne pepper, and Tony Chachere%u2019s Creole Seasoning
- 5 large carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 butternut squash
- 1 red onion
- 6 -8 mushrooms
- 1 -2 stick celery
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop all the vegetables, add a drop of olive oil to the pot and add in the diced onion, add the mushrooms in next.
- Let these sautee for a few moments. (In the meantime boil the kettle).
- Then add in all the vegetables, use enough hot water so that its covering the vegetables. Then add canned tomoatoes, simmer all vegetable until soft.
- Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a little boiling water in a glass jug and add to the pot.
- When the veggies are soft, allow to cool.
- Depending on how you like your soup, you can blend the entire pot of veg once cooled OR you can take about 1/3 of the vegetable away blend 2/3 then add back the more solid 1/3. All depending on your taste.
- Add a little salt and pepper if required.
- Serve with Bread.