1/2 Photos of Body Butter Whip
This is a light,tropical and luscious body butter that smells almost good enough to eat! I wouldn't however!!! I received this recipe in a monthy e-newsletter I receive from Nature's Gift. It is a wonderful small company in TN which specializes in essential oils and aromatherapy supplies. I love applying this butter right after I get out of the shower since it literally melts into your skin and leaves you soft and silky. It is wonderful in the winter but you may find it a little heavy in the warmer months. I remedy this situation by applying the butter sparingly after showering while my body is still damp... the water combines with the oils in the butter and helps emulsify it...right into your skin. I love the light, tropical scent from the coconut oil and cocoa butter... the essential oils are optional, but I think you will find them heavenly! I have a special bowl and beaters I use just for this recipe... just so I don't use them for anything else. Be sure to store this butter in a cool place since it will melt and turn into a soupy mess!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate or shave the cocoa butter to help it melt faster and more evenly.
- 2Melt the cocoa butter slowly on low heat or in a double boiler.
- 3Once the cocoa butter is melted, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 4Stir in the virgin coconut oil. (The heat from the cocoa butter will melt the coconut oil.).
- 5Once the mixture starts to solidify, whip it with an electric hand mixer.
- 6While beating, sift the cornstarch over the mixture.
- 7Continue to beat.
- 8Add in the essential oils if desired.
- 9Continue to beat until light, fluffy and cool.
- 10This can range from 5 minutes up to 15 minutes depending on how warm your mixture is to begin with and the ambient room temperature.
- 11Package in pretty 4 oz plastic jars or plastic bail jars.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Body Butter Whip
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.8
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g