Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fat-reduced way of eating burgers. Tastes delicious!!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Italian style breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns or 4 kaiser rolls
- Preheat broiler on high.
- In a bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, and 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce; mix well. Form into patties.
- Coat broiler pan with cooking spray and wipe off excess with paper towel. Broiler burgers for 5-6 minutes on one side. Turn and continue broiling until burgers are no longer pink in center.
- Coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and wipe off excess with paper towel. Add onion and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Cook over medium-low heat until onion is tender-crisp.
- Top burgers with onion and serve on lightly toasted buns.